Museums
weimar.deCultureSightsMuseumsCastle Museum

Castle Museum

About the Castle

The Castle Museum is located in the north, east and west wings of the former residential castle. The core of the collection is the former grand ducal art collection spanning medieval to modern times (around 1900). It is organised according to the history of the collection and is integrated into the historical castle rooms with their part original furnishings.

The highlights of this collection are the Cranach Gallery with other examples of Old German painting located on the ground floor and works by Caspar David Friedrich, Johann Heinrich Wilhelm Tischbein, Auguste Rodin and Max Beckmann. Sculptures and crafts dated back around 1800 are also displayed on the piano nobile. These include furniture from David Roentgen's workshop, a number of articles from the dowry of the Tsar's daughter Maria Pavlovna, and porcelains made by European manufacturers. Works by the Weimar school of painting are displayed on the 2nd floor. The modern French and German works dated back around 1900 were largely acquired by Count Harry Kessler, the former director of the Grand Ducal Museum of Arts and Crafts (today the Neue Museum Weimar).

Information

Please note

The museum will be closed until 2023 for renovation work.

address

Schlossmuseum
Burgplatz 4
99423 Weimar
Fon: 03643 / 54 60
E-Mail
Website
show map

Bus: Goetheplatz alle Linien, Wegstrecke 650 m, temporär Citylinie direkter Haltepunkt

Parken:
2 Behindertenparkplätze Burgplatz am Schloss, Wegstrecke 200 m,
3 Behindertenparkplätze Markt 13/14/16, Wegstrecke 300 m

Menschen mit Sehbehinderung / Hörbehinderung: Assistenzhunde eingeschränkt erlaubt, Tastpläne zum Festsaal ausleihbar an der Kasse, Voranmeldungen für Spezialführungen und Tastkabinett mit Gegenständen zum Anfassen, 2 mobile Hörschleifen zur Nutzung der Audioführung, Film- und Spracherklärung zur Ausstellung und Geschichte sowie schriftlich als PDF im Internet und als ausleihbarer Textausdruck

Menschen mit Mobilitätseinschränkung:
Museumseingang:
über historisches Pflaster im Schlosshof, alternativer Weg für Rollstuhlnutzung rechts und links am Gebäude entlang über 200 m Pflaster, Doppelflügeltür 2x84 cm, Schwelle 3 cm

Kasse, Information, Shop, Ausstellung im EG: Counter / Tresen 110 cm hoch

Historische Treppen: Steinstufen und Handläufe

mit Rollstuhl
zum 1.OG über Seiteneingang nur in Begleitung mit Museumspersonal
zum UG mit Automatiktür 94 cm breit über 2 Rampen 2,5 m und 4,1 m mit 6% Neigung
zum EG über Plattformlift 75x97 cm mit Traglast 300 kg
zum OG mit Aufzug / Lift

Aufzug / Lift ab EG nur in Begleitung mit Museumspersonal: Taster 150 cm hoch, Türöffnung 84 cm, Kabine 135x100 cm

Behinderten-WC im EG: über Flur 100 cm breit, Türgriff 105 cm hoch, Tür 93 cm breit, Bewegungsfläche 106x105 cm, WC 50 cm hoch und 70 cm tief, Haltegriffe beidseitig mit Zwischenabstand 56 cm, links klappbar mit Bewegungsflächen 62 cm, rechts fest (55 cm), Waschbeckenhöhe 85 cm unterfahrbar, kein Notruf

Begriffserklärung:
UG-Untergeschoss
EG-Erdgeschoss
OG-Obergeschoss



Barrierefrei-Informationen drucken


Anzeigen