Information for visitors to Weimar
+++ Stand 07.09.2020 +++
- Please note that The general rules of hygiene (especially regarding sneezing and coughing), social distancing (1,5m) apply. You are not allowed to enter these facilities without a face mask. These rules are valid until September 30th, 2020.
- The Tourist Information Office Weimar (Markt 10) is open.
- Guided city tours are bookable. Please keeep the rules of distance.
- The first museums and castles of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar are open again; the House of the Weimar Republic and the City Museum are also open to visitors again.The updated opening hours you could find here.
- Overnight accommodation establishments have been allowed to open all establishments in compliance with the rules of distance and hygiene. To book a room
- The restaurants, cafés and pubs are open. Some restaurateurs continue to offer out-of-home sales. Please refer to the relevant restaurant’s website to see their own rules.
- All shops are open again under the special conditions (distance and hygiene).
- There is still a ban on events, approved demonstrations and rallies may take place.
- The German National Theatre (DNT) Weimar is open. PLease follw the website of the DNT.
- First leisure and sports facilities open again.
- Playgrounds for kids are open.
You are welcome to call the Tourist Information Office Weimar: +49 3643 7450 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There you will also receive information about ticket returns and cancellations of services booked there.
There is also a hotline of the Weimar's public health department +49 3643 762555.
+ Stand 01.07.2020 +
The updated opnening hours of the Weimar's museums you could find and download here.
These museums are open weekends and on bank holidays: