Information for visitors to Weimar
please follow the updated information provided by the city council of Weimar.
Information about touristic and cultural institutions (Status: December 1st, 2020)
- The most shops in Weimar are open according to COVID-secure guidelines to protect customers, visitors and workers.
- The Tourist Information Office Weimar is closed. You can contact the Tourist Information Office from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm by telephone or e-mail email@example.com.
- Public guided tours are not available.
- All museums and castles are currently closed.
- There are business overnights in the hotels and guesthouses possible, but not the leisure one.
- Restaurants, cafés and pubs are closed. Some of them still provide takeaway and delivery services.
- All cultural and another public events are currently not allowed.
- The German National Theatre (DNT) Weimar is closed.
- Leisure and sports facilities are closed
For all visitors: You are welcome to call the Tourist Information Weimar: +49 3643-745-0 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There you will also receive information on ticket returns and cancellations of services booked at the Tourist Information Weimar.
There is also a hotline of the Weimar's public health department +49 3643 762555.
If you're entering Germany from another country and have visited a high-risk area in the last 10 days, then you're required to stay in quarantine for 10 days after entry.
Digital Registration on entry