Information for visitors to Weimar
please follow the updated information provided by the city council of Weimar.
Information about touristic and cultural institutions (Status: March 3rd, 2021)
- The most shops in Weimar such as clothing stores, shoe shops, jewellery shops and shops selling craft supplies will be closed till end of January, 2021. Supermarkets, bakeries and other shops where food is sold can remain open, as can establishments such as pharmacies, chemists and petrol stations.
- The Tourist Information Office Weimar is closed. You can contact the Tourist Information Office from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm by telephone or e-mail email@example.com.
- Public guided tours are not available.
- All museums and castles are currently closed.
- All hotels and guests houses are closed.
- Restaurants, cafés and pubs are closed. Some of them still provide takeaway and delivery services.
- All cultural and another public events are currently not allowed.
- The German National Theatre (DNT) Weimar is closed till March 31st 2021.
- Leisure and sports facilities are closed
For all visitors: You are welcome to call the Tourist Information Weimar: +49 3643-745-0 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There you will also receive information on ticket returns and cancellations of services booked at the Tourist Information Weimar.
There is also a hotline of the Weimar's public health department +49 3643 762555.
The number of the emergency service of public health insurence is 116 117 (calling from Germany).
If you're entering Germany from another country and have visited a high-risk area in the last 10 days, then you're required to stay in quarantine for 10 days after entry.
Digital Registration on entry