Information for visitors to Weimar
We would like to share some health care information with travelers arriving in Weimar.
Current information on the effects of the coronavirus COVID-17 on visits to Weimar:
- Find the latest information on the official website of the City of Weimar
- As a precaution, all events are suspended until April 19, 2020
- All restaurants, hotels, all leisure and sports facilities are closed until further notice
- All shops not selling everyday consumer goods are closed until further notice
Cultural and Tourist Information:
- All museums and castles are closed until April 19, 2020
- No guided tours in the city until April 19, 2020
- The Tourist Information Office is closed. But an access line +49 3643-7450 (9.00am-5.00pm) remains open for bookings and advice
- The German National Theatre DNT in Weimar has ceased its performances
If you have severe COVID-19 coronavirus symptoms such as fever over 38°C with respiratory infection symptoms (coughing, breathing difficulties) and cannot self-care, seek professional medical help.
It is important that you should contact the health center by phone to receive instructions: please call the hotline of the Weimar Health Office: +49 3643-762 555.