Information for visitors to Weimar
+++ Stand 01.07.2020 +++
- The Tourist Information Office Weimar (Markt 10) is open.
- Guided city tours are bookable. Please keeep the rules of distance.
- The first museums and castles of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar are open again; the House of the Weimar Republic and the City Museum are also open to visitors again.The updated opening hours you could find here.
- Since 15 May 2020, overnight accommodation establishments have been allowed to reopen all establishments in compliance with the rules of distance and hygiene. Youth hostels have been excluded from this so far. To book a room
- The restaurants, cafés and pubs are open. Some restaurateurs continue to offer out-of-home sales. Please refer to the relevant restaurant’s website to see their own rules.
- All shops are open again under the special conditions (distance and hygiene).
- There is still a ban on events, approved demonstrations and rallies may take place.
- The German National Theatre (DNT) Weimar is closed until August 31st 2020.
- First leisure and sports facilities open again.
- Playgrounds for kids are open.
You are welcome to call the Tourist Information Office Weimar: +49 3643 7450 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. There you will also receive information about ticket returns and cancellations of services booked there.
There is also a hotline of the Weimar's public health department +49 3643 762555.
+ Stand 01.07.2020 +
The updated opnening hours of the Weimar's museums you could find and download here.
These museums are open weekends and on bank holidays: